Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday with Dorie and a Birthday with Corey -Devil's Food White-Out Cake

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. 
Resist the devil, 
and he will flee from you." 
James 4:7


I had a lot of trouble getting logged on and staying logged on, so this post is a little late. But for once I was ahead of the game, as I made the dessert for the day for daughter #3's birthday in September. Mine's a four layer cake, as I didn't have the heart to crumble up a whole cake layer - and also, I wanted the cake to look as grand as possible.



She had two or three parties that day. In the afternoon she had tea in the garden with her sisters and a friend. It was a lovely afternoon for a tea.


I'm not sure where all the food for the tea came from, but one item was l'opera from Sarah's birthday two day earlier.


There were lots of presents, and many goodies to eat.


Before tea was done, I was on to making the cake. And soon after the the girls cleared off the tea, they were decorating for the party.


It was to be a Hawaiian themed party, and all of Corey's co-workers were invited to the evening party.


It was a great scurry for me to get the cake made in time for everyone to have some, but I made it.


We had the cake on the upper deck, as there was more room.


Corey blew out the candles and I cut the cake.


Everyone really enjoyed the cake.


Peter especially enjoyed his piece, to Corey's delight. (Corey really likes Peter)



"The devil's most devilish when respectable." 
Elizabeth Barrett Browning