Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You could think I'd dropped off the face of the earth

"There is an appointed time for everything. 
And there is a time for every event under heaven-- " 
Ecclesiastes 3:1


But I didn't.  Most of my blogging of late is done on anther blog called Molly's Trouble.  That's because I've been diagnosed with a rather odd form of breast cancer, but according to several sources I will eventually be just fine.  Christmas is the soonest however.



This blog has been used for my Daring Baker, Daring Cooks, Tuesday with Dorie, and Family events.  For the time being I do not think I will have much energy for any of those things.  And when I found out that cancer cells feed on sugar, there was no way I was going to make something sugary, no matter how good I thought it was.  



I'm really doing pretty good, as you can see on my other blog.  But then that's today.  I start chemo in a week, and I imagine it will really be downhill for a while.  But I preparing for the best.  I hope to have enough energy to go for walks from time to time, and I really hoping to eat as well as possible, even if it feels like being force fed.  We shall see.



But if I have things to blog about that appropriate to this blog, I will surely do them.  There's actually things to be put on this blog that are in past time, but that I really must get on here.  Before I was diagnosed with cancer I was sooooooo tired, and little was getting done besides what had to be done.  But I did manage to make two big cakes and a big batch of cupcakes for my Dad's 90th birthday, and put on a dinner also for his birthday.  And I had dinner parties that have not been blogged about.



The hardest change is that I don't have Emily any more.  She's rather hard to take care of, but still a joy at the same time.  When she sees me now for a while, she cries such cries when she has to go.  It really tugs at my heart.  She's very aware that things have changed.  Trying to tell her that I'm sick is rather hard.  Wait till she sees me with no hair.

"It ain't over till it's over."
Yogi Berra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following your "troubles" on the other blog. I wanted to comment there, but was not able to "identify" myself correctly.

Be that as it may, I want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have very much enjoyed reading your blog, which I found when I was surfing for Paris blogs. I've come back often to check in on you, and was saddened to learn of your diagnosis. But I'm happy for your excellent prognosis.

Thank you for generously sharing your life. I hope that the next few months go as swiftly and smoothly as possible, so that this chapter can be behind you.

Best wishes,
Christine G.

breadchick said...

Molly you are in my thoughts and prayers.