Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dinner with my sister Nancy and her friend Russ

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, 
that he may lift you up in due time. 
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 
1 Peter 5:6-7


The really unique thing about this dinner is that there were only 6 of us at the table. I really like a dinner party that size, but it rarely occurs.

quest:
Nancy and Russ
Peter and Debbie
Molly and Riley

menu:
green salad with spring onion vinaigrette
French bread
meatballs in spicy tomato sauce
egg noodles
pear tart

I managed to keep the menu simple, though it was not an easy menu. Making the meatballs takes time, as does the pear tart, but if I say so myself, everything turned out very nicely.

We had never met Russ before. He came up from California with Nancy to attend my dad's 90th birthday party. He particularly wanted to see my Lacanche stove. I'm not sure, but it seemed that he was tremendously underwhelmed by it. But he did like the dinner, especially the pear tart. Actually, everyone liked the pear tart. I had modified the recipe a tiny bit, adding 1/4 tsp orange essence to the cream cheese mixture.

I had hoped I would get to work on the birthday cakes for my dad after they left, but I was way too tired, and I just went to bed. Actually, I probably fell asleep while watching baseball, and then went to bed.


"Flattery is all right so long as you don't inhale."
Adlai Stevenson

No comments: