Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TWD - Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes - can I make it!?

"The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts 
and the hearts of your descendants, 
so that you may love Him with all your heart 
and with all your soul, and live." 
Deuteronomy 30:6



This week TWD is chocolate chocolate cupcakes, page 215 of Dorie Greenspans book Baking:from my house to yours. As usual, I'm behind.  And then to add to that I looked around to see what the TWDers were doing, and they were all so impressive, what with their halloween decorations and all.  So now I'm wondering - what will I do?

Well I showed daughter #3 the cupcakes and she said that she had the kind of decorations that I needed, but that they were at the house of daughters #1 and #2.  So we went for a walk and passed by their house and got the stuff.  And now we have made the cakes, but I think that we will have to decorate them tomorrow.  



So here it is, Wednesday. I had told Corey that we would frost the cupcakes this morning, and she could take some to work. And that's just what we did. The frosting went together like a breeze. And went on easily also.



Then Corey was my main helper. Actually, I had to do so much chasing after Emily, and changing her pants, that pretty much she frosted and decorated the cupcakes.



And here is the finished product.



But because Corey helped with frosting the cupcakes, she was a bit late for work. So when I saw her bolt out the door, I went to the door and asked if she would like a ride. She was glad to get a ride, so I dashed back into the house to get Emily, my purse, and my keys. The first two items went fine, but my keys were no where to be found. I looked everywhere, but to no avail, so I told Corey she better walk to work. I felt really bad about it, but I could do nothing. After she was gone I searched and searched. I was beginning to be desperate. I remembered that I had set my keys down somewhere, not putting them in my purse as I should have, but I knew that it was someplace on the first floor and I certainly wasn't finding them. So then I thought that maybe Emily had found them and done something with them, but what? ....... Maybe she put them into a purse. After a bit of searching I found in the front hall and empty purse of mine, and low and behold, there were my keys.

But then I felt really bad about making Corey late, after trying really to get her to work on time. So I took nine of the cup cakes that we'd made and put them in a lovely Whitman's Sampler tin, and Emily and I took them over to Corey's work. Not only was Corey delighted, but so was her assistant manager, who gave me a hug, and thanked me several times. I hope she liked the cupcakes as much as she appreciated them.



"Not everything that counts can be counted, 
and not everything that can be counted counts."  
Albert Einstein

1 comment:

AmyRuth said...

glad you found your keys.... the delay just made a new opportunity to share the love. Neat huh?