Sunday, September 21, 2008

Emily is finally two!

"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me." 
Matthew 18: 5



For so long now people have been asking me how old is Emily, and I have to try and calculate the months, because that's what you do before a child is two years old. But now all I have to say is "She's two".

Heidi was a bit stressed on Emily's birthday, still suffering from the same problem she had on Annie's birthday, but it didn't affect Emily at all - she was the quintessential two year-old. She behaved herself.
















She was pleasant and interactive with the guests.















She opened all of her presents with grace.



She enjoyed all of her presents, taking time with each one to look at it and comment.



I was amazed.

Her BIG present was a playhouse. Heidi promised me that the playhouse could be kept at my house if I would drive her all the way out into suburbia to get it. Under normal circumstances I don't do suburbia, but that seemed fair enough. So at 5:30 one day last week we headed out there. It was a long long ways deep into the inner depths of suburbia. I kept thinking "How am I going to get out of here?!" But we did finally make it - thanks to mapquest. Then the next difficulty was getting it into the car. It had to be taken down. Apparently the owners had bought it constructed. But once it was completely apart they managed to get it into my car. All in all it took us over 2 hours. But when all was said and done Heidi assembled the playhouse in her basement. Oh well.














Then when everyone had examined the little house thoroughly we all went upstairs for cake. Heidi had requested a chocolate cake. I made three fourths of "the perfect chocolate cake" and put it into two 8 inch pans. And when it was time to assemble the cake I cut the layers in half. It made for a nice sized cake that had a special look.















Those are some of her favourite candies on the cake - licorice scotties and spice drops. I absolutely could not find my piping kit, but I did find a tube of orange stuff that Corey brought home. Then Emily's clothes were removed for the eating of the chocolate cake.



Heidi took on the job of cutting the cake - it's usually done by me - and she did a very good job. The cake was enjoyed by all. Unfortunately there was an incident with the strawberries, but I won't go into that.



And to top it all off we got to watch the last game played in Yankee Stadium on Heidi's new HUGE!!! tv, and the Yankees won. How cool is that!?



But it was a bit sad. I'm SOOOO glad that I got to see a game in Yankee Stadium exactly a year ago - on a beautiful day and they won and I had a terrific seat. Life is really good sometimes.
















Good Bye Yankee Stadium. We'll miss you.




"I want to know how God created this world. 
I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, 
in the spectrum of this or that element. 
I want to know His thoughts; 
the rest are details." 
Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW... Did that look like a fun party. Emily is sooooooo cute.